Introducing the Technician of the Year Award
by ICHP Staff
May 8, 2015
ICHP, through the Division of Marketing Affairs, is pleased to announce the first annual Pharmacy Technician of the Year award! Please see the criteria and instructions below and consider nominating a deserving pharmacy technician with whom you work. The deadline for nominations is June 9, 2015.Award Purpose:
The ICHP Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award is established to identify and recognize exceptional performance by a certified pharmacy technician within the State of Illinois.Award Criteria:
The candidate must:
- Be a current ICHP technician member
- Be a PTCB certified pharmacy technician for at least two years
- Demonstrate at least one of the following:
- exceptional contributions to his/her pharmacy worksite
- exceptional contributions to ICHP as a volunteer member
- exceptional contributions to the practice of pharmacy in Illinois
A call for nominations will be made in the March/April KeePosted each year. That announcement may be augmented with appropriate e-mail blasts.
The nominator must:
- Be the technician’s supervisor, colleague or co-worker. No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Provide the following information:
- Worksite name, address and telephone number.
- Technician name and year certified.
- Describe the technician’s contributions in detail.
- Provide the nomination to the ICHP office by no later than June 9th for 2015.
All nominations are reviewed by the Division of Marketing Affairs at their June conference call.
- The Division will select two finalists for consideration and present them to the ICHP Board of Directors at the July Board Meeting.
- The ICHP Board of Directors will select the award winner from the two finalists presented by the Division of Marketing Affairs.
- The Division of Marketing Affairs may recommend one of the two finalists by providing detailed discussion points to the Board of Directors.
- The Board is not required to select a recipient if no candidate seems qualified.
The Award will be presented at the ICHP Annual Meeting in September, if a technician is selected.
- The Award recipient and her/his nominator will be notified immediately following his/her selection by the Board of Directors.
- The award recipient will receive a complimentary full registration to the ICHP Annual Meeting.
- The award recipient will receive a plaque to be presented at an appropriately agreed upon time during the ICHP Annual Meeting. The nominator will be invited to participate in the award ceremony.
To nominate someone for this award, please forward a detailed letter of recommendation identifying the specific accomplishments of the nominee with respect to each criteria above to ICHP, 4055 N Perryville Road, Loves Park, IL 61111-8653, or email to email@example.com
The News Article appears in the following categories: