Informatics and Technology Network
Sign up here or email the network Chair, David Tjhio.
The Pharmacy Informatics and Technology (PIT) Network is a group of ICHP member practitioners who are pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, or student pharmacists involved with, or have an interest in, the practice of pharmacy informatics and technology. This network will use their knowledge of information systems and the medication-use process to improve patient care by ensuring that medication technologies lead to safer and more effective medication use.
Mission and Vision
The mission of the ICHP Pharmacy Informatics and Technology Network is to share pharmacy informatics and technology-related practices with pharmacy practitioners in the state in order to optimize utilization of medication-use systems.
The vision of ICHP Pharmacy Informatics and Technology Network is to have better training and understanding of pharmacy informatics and technology through the health care continuum.
- Provide guidance on pharmacy informatics and technology issues and topics to ICHP members, divisions, and committees.
- Create statewide networking opportunities for ICHP members who utilize informatics and technology in their daily work activities.
- Interface with pharmacy schools and technician training programs to discuss opportunities within Pharmacy Informatics and Technology for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Interface with technology vendors in order to facilitate improved dissemination of new product or service information.
- Perform periodic assessments and gap analyses of pharmacy informatics and technology in the state of Illinois.
- Create Informatics and Technology programming for our members.
- Serves as an ex officio of the ICHP Board of Directors.
- Coordinates activities of the Pharmacy Informatics and Technology Network and its subcommittees.
- Reports activities of the Pharmacy Informatics and Technology Network to the Board of Directors.
- Prepares an annual report of the activities of the PIT Network.
- Brings to the attention of the Board “Votes to recommend” from the PIT Network.
- Accepts assignments from the Board of Directors on a specific matter of consideration.
- Obtains approval of the Board of Directors prior to representing themselves as acting on behalf of the Council or securing funds from sources outside the Council.
- Obtains approval of the Board of Directors prior to spending funds of the Council on PIT Network activities.
- Prepares an annual budget for the PIT Network and submits it to the Treasurer and Executive Vice President.
- Complies with Chapter 10.0 of the ICHP Policy and Procedure Manual “Performance Requirements for Board Members, Officers, and other ICHP Representatives”.
- Provide assignments for Informatics and Technology volunteers for the PIT Network.
- Conducts an annual roster review of the core network and provides names of members to add or delete from the roster for the coming year.
Appointed position. Serves a one year term. May serve more than one term.
- Performs the duties of the Chair in the event of the Chair’s absence.
- Assumes the role of the Chair at the end of their term.
Appointed position. Serves one year term. May serve more than one term.
Meets via conference call or in person once monthly or as needed.