Professional Affairs Division
Responsibilities of the Division of Professional Affairs
- Improve and promote pharmacy practice in Health-Systems and affiliated facilities by developing position statements, standards, guidelines, competency standards, and related materials. Identify and recognize innovative practice.
- Work cooperatively with allied organizations and other agencies to develop and promote these responsibilities.
- Review bi-annually existing ICHP Position Statements for the purpose of retention, revision, or deletion.
- Develops new position statements relative to professional practice reflecting the viewpoint of the membership.
- Every position statement must be presented to the Board for approval.
- Once approved, the statements are presented at the next House of Delegates meeting for final approval.
- Once approved, the statements are incorporated into the policy and procedure manual.
- Develops professional standards relative to Health-System pharmacy practice upon request. All standards must be confirmed by the Board, approved by the House of Delegates and reviewed every two years by the Division.