Print This Article
ICHP Best Practice Award
Program objectives and criteria
The objective of the program is to encourage the development of new pharmacy practice programs or innovative approaches to existing pharmacy practice challenges in health systems.
Applicants will be judged on their descriptions of programs and practices employed in their health system based on the following criteria:
- Innovativeness / originality
- Contribution to improving patient care
- Contribution to institution and pharmacy practice
- Scope of project
- Quality of submission
The person submitting the application must be the first author and a member of ICHP for a minimum of 90 days prior to the submission deadline and practice in a health system setting. Co-authors do not have to be ICHP members nor health-system pharmacists. More than one program can be submitted by a health system for consideration.
Instructions for Preparing Manuscript
Each entry for the Best Practice Award must include a manuscript prepared as a Word document, double-spaced using Times New Roman 12-pitch type. A header with the paper title and page number should appear on each page.The manuscript should not exceed 2000 words in length (not counting references), plus no more than a total of 6 supplemental graphics (tables, graphs, pictures, etc.) that are relevant to the program. Each picture, graph, figure, and table should be mentioned in the text and prepared as a separate document clearly labeled.
The manuscript should be organized as a descriptive report using the following headings:
- Introduction, Purpose, and Goals of the program
- Description of the program
- Experience with and outcomes of the program
- Discussion of innovative aspects of programs and achievement of goals
Submissions will only be accepted via online submission form. The manuscript will be forwarded to a pre-defined set of reviewers. Please do not include the names of the authors or affiliations in the manuscript to preserve anonymity.
All applicants will be notified of their status within three weeks of the submission deadline. Should your program be chosen as the winner:
- The program will be featured at the ICHP Annual Meeting. You will need to prepare a poster to present your program and/or give a verbal presentation. Guidelines will be sent to the winner.
- You may be asked to electronically submit your manuscript to the ICHP KeePosted™ for publishing as a continuing pharmacy education home study program.
- You will receive a complimentary registration to the ICHP Annual Meeting, recognition at the meeting and a monetary award distributed to your institution.