Print This Article
Annual Meeting Recap
Elevate Good Times, Come On. Yahoo!*
by Trish Wegner, BS Pharm, PharmD, FASHP Vice-President, Professional Services - ICHP
More than 550 pharmacists, students and technicians came together to celebrate and elevate our profession at the 2018 ICHP Annual Meeting! We enjoyed education, networking, great conversation and a lot of laughter! It was a great time so be sure and check out this fun recap on our YouTube page
ICHP partnered with the Pharmacy Learning Network again this year bringing several national speakers to Oakbrook Terrace for Thursday’s programming. If you were looking for CE, you could get a maximum of 18.5 hours of credit; if you were looking for networking, we had eight networking roundtables for discussion, various networking breaks, lunches, a fabulous exhibit program, and a residency showcase to network with several pharmacy residency programs throughout the Midwest; and if you were looking for fun, we had the Pharmacy Auction with a Twist, plus opportunities to shop at a premier mall after programming was over. Friday and Saturday educational sessions offered several interactive, application-based formats including our first ever dedicated Ambulatory Care Session. National speakers participated in the keynote and a special influenza presentation which was recorded for home study. For those of you who could not attend, be on the look-out for that program.
The exhibit program drew more than 60 pharmaceutical, wholesale, technology and educational entities.
We want to thank all of our exhibit partners and especially our GOLD SPONSORS:
And our SILVER SPONSORS:
- Indigo Interactive
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- United Pharmacy Staffing and
What better way to elevate than to recognize our leaders in the organization! During the Town Hall lunch, keynote speaker, Anna Dopp, installed the ICHP and affiliate officers.
For ICHP we have:
- Noelle Chapman as President
- Travis Hunerdosse as Immediate Past-President
- Ed Rainville as Secretary David Martin as Director of Educational Affairs
- Bernice Man as Director of Marketing Affairs
- Bryan McCarthy as Chair of the New Practitioners Network
- Brian Cryder as the Chair of the Ambulatory Care Network and
- Kristine VanKuiken as the Technician Representative.
For NISHP we installed:
- Erika Hellenbart as Immediate Past-President
- Denise Kolanczyk as President
- Milena McLaughlin as President-Elect
- Andrew Merker as Secretary and
- Richard Puccetti as Technician Representative.
For SSHP we had:
- Julie Downen as Immediate Past-President
- Billee Samples as President and
- Megan Stoller as President-elect.
Congratulations and Thank You to these volunteer officers!
More celebrations took place at the Awards Lunch on Saturday when we recognized the best and brightest in Illinois.
- The 2018 ICHP Pharmacist of the Year award went to Ed Rainville of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria.
- The Amy Lodolce Award went to Nora Flint of Rush University Medical Center.
- The Outstanding Volunteer Award went to Bryan McCarthy, Jr. at the University of Chicago Medicine.
- There was a tie for the New Practitioner Leadership Award – Bernice Man of Northwestern Medicine and Milena McLaughlin of Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy.
- The President’s Award given by Travis Hunerdosse went to Kathryn Schultz of Rush Medical Center.
- There was also a tie for Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award – Vera Kalin from Rush Medical Center and posthumously to Dylan Marx from University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics. His mother and ICHP member, Peggy Bickham, accepted the award for him.
- The ICHP Student Chapter Award went to: The Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville chapter.
- The ICHP Best Practice Award went to Zahra Khudeira and her team at Mount Sinai Hospital for their submission titled “Use of Multimodal Analgesia in Women Post-Caesarean Section: From Innovation to Bedside”.
Last but not least, are the Shining Star Awards which went to
- Kelsey Bridgeman
- Brooke Griffin
- Denise Kolanczyk
- Dan Majerczyk
- Jennifer Phillips
- Billee Samples
- Christie Schumacher
- Anthony Scott and
- Carrie Vogler
Please congratulate all of the above award winners and celebrate their achievement. To learn more about each ICHP award, the criteria for each may be found on the ICHP website
So as you can see, everyone brought their good times and laughter too to the ICHP Annual Meeting to Take Pharmacy to New Heights! Now it’s time to come together and meet in Collinsville for the 2019 ICHP/MSHP Spring Meeting, March 29th and 30th, where our theme is Implement Best Practices – See the Impact! Yahoo! ■
* Many of you may be too young to remember Kool and The Gang, but we certainly had a good time.