How Low Should We Go: Evaluating Targeted Temperature Management and Its Use in Clinical PracticeFaculty
Dalena Vo, PharmD
PGY1 Pharmacy Resident
HSHS St. John's Hospital
5:00 pm - Registration
6:00 pm - CPE Program
7:00 pm - Dinner on your ownRegistration
. There is no fee for ICHP members to attend this activity. Non-members who would like to earn CPE credit will be charged $20. There is no fee for non-members who do not want to earn CPE credit. Participants will be required to sign in at the start of the program.Location
PAO Bistro (Pacific Coast Cuisine)
2824 Plaza Drive
Springfield, IL 62704
At the conclusion of this knowledge-based continuing pharmacy education activity, pharmacist participants should be able to:
1. Discuss the physiological effects and potential complications of targeted temperature management (TTM).
2. Identify patient populations that would most benefit from TTM.
3. Review key primary literature included in the 2017 American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and the 2015 American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines regarding target temperature.
4. Review evidence to determine optimal duration of TTM.Accreditation
ACPE # 0121-0000-17-119-L01-P
1.0 Contact Hour (0.1 CEU) Type of Activity: Knowledge
The Illinois Council of Health System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity provides 1 contact hour (0.1 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education credit.
Attendees must complete a program evaluation online at www.CESally.com
: This knowledge-based activity was developed for Health-System Pharmacists.NEW
- PTCB requires CPhTs to earn only pharmacy technician-specific (‘T-specific’) credit to qualify for recertification. As of January 1, 2015, ALL CPE credit earned must be T-specific. In addition, PTCB will reduce the number of allowable CPE hours earned through in-service training from 10 to 5. Please advise all pharmacy technicians at your site of this change. CPE Monitor:
When registering for this program, you will be required to provide your NABP e-Provile ID # and Birthday. This information will be required by any participants seeking CPE credit. Visit www.ichpnet.org/cpemonitor/ for information about CPE Monitor and how to obtain your NABP ID.